Back to Silas S. Brown's home page
Site IndexThis is an alphabetical list of all 135 HTML pages on my site. The 22 items in bold are linked directly from the home page.
- Academic Publications
- Adding Chinese web pages to Baidu
- Advantages of dark backgrounds on computer displays
- Algorithmic Composition and Reductionist Analysis
- Android viewer app for static HTML
- Annotator Generator
- Bolo Adventures "walk-through"
- Cambridge to London avoiding large stations
- CD recommendations & track listings
- CedPane: Chinese-English Dictionary Public-domain Additions for Names Etc
- Charlearn, a program for learning to recognise foreign characters
- Chinese mistakes in commercial speech synthesizers
- Clara Empricost
- Clara Empricost: How it Works
- Clara Empricost: Installation Instructions
- Common problems adding pinyin to Chinese names
- Connecting to a Psion PDA
- Converting imp/kWh to watts
- Coping with exam stress: unofficial guide (Chinese + English)
- Coping with exam stress: unofficial guide (Traditional Chinese + English)
- Cortical visual impairment
- Current-transformer "energy monitors"
- Desktop SSH via Android devices
- Director Musices with Lilypond ``Howto''
- Eating at other Cambridge colleges
- Elgar Op.74 scanned score and notes (1914 setting of Ps29)
- Emacs and XEmacs configuration
- Energy deals sanity checker
- English phrases for tourists
- Eulerian paths around polygons
- Flute chords and other fingerings
- Four-dimensional markup language (4DML)
- Four-dimensional markup language (4DML) download page
- Gopher protocol considered inferior
- Gradint, a program for self-study of foreign languages
- Gradint (page in Full-form Chinese)
- Gradint (page in Simplified Chinese)
- Heating a flat: vegetable-oil candles or oil-filled radiators?
- Hedgehog magnifier
- Home page in Full-form Chinese
- Home page in Simplified Chinese
- homenet.org is down
- How NOT to marry a foreign national
- How to deal with "rate us" boxes on Android etc
- How to just about survive in Android OS
- How to use Economy 7 effectively
- I am not Sina Weibo's silascambridge: theft of a virtual identity (Chinese + English)
- If We Only Understood poem + Chinese translations
- ImapFix: a filter/fixer for IMAP mailboxes
- Instructions for F95B fan
- Introducing OOP in a Python game (Chinese + English)
- Is gradint-wrapper.exe a virus?
- Jianpu in Lilypond
- Large-print notes on EPOC or Symbian
- "Legal name fraud" nothing to worry about
- lexconvert: a converter between the lexicon formats of different speech synthesizers
- Lighting advice
- Lighting: spiral CFLs in tight fixtures
- List of vaguely-usable old Windows Mobile phones
- Low-vision configuration for terminal applications
- Low-vision X11 configuration
- Mac magnification setup
- Magnetic field physics: is your phone charger really killing you?
- Manually removing Windows "adware" with race conditions
- Manuscript Writer home page
- MIDI Beeper (and RISC OS Maestro / BBC Micro converter)
- Minmin's reply to Xu Zhimo's Leaving Cambridge poem
- Mortgaging versus renting
- Notes on video conversion with mencoder
- Offline HTML Indexer
- Offline package installation for Debian-based GNU/Linux distributions
- Old CUCCS website
- (Old) Netgear VMDG280 command-line control scripts
- (Old notes) FreeType in low resolution
- (Old notes) iPhone UK billing and messaging issues with Virgin and Vectone (with workarounds)
- (Old notes) Script-driven contact management etc in Skype
- (Old notes) Using weibo.com's S60 client
- (Old notes) VNC with inverted colours
- (Old notes) X11 hardware magnification
- (Old notes) X11 software magnification: last resort
- OpenID with command-line authorisation
- Pen-sized digital voice recorders
- Phoenix computer room course bookings
- Polipo2: a caching Web proxy forked from Polipo
- Preparing enlarged lesson notes with Unix tools
- Primer Pooler (multiplex PCR)
- Python utilities for S60 phones
- Raspberry Pi Zero W projector controller
- RISC OS and low vision
- Shower-head water filter tested
- Silas S. Brown's home page
- Simplifying Unicode punctuation for SMS
- Software patents and mental health
- Solving Micropower Chess (1982)
- Spaced-out audio tracks with cdrdao
- Spare processor cycles
- Stylesheets for low vision
- TermLayout: flexible tabulation on Unix terminals
- The "go and argue with THEM" fallacy
- The Raven annotated for Chinese readers
- Time and item counter
- Twitter on a 1982 BBC Micro
- Typescript player for HTML5
- Undergraduate Project Dissertation
- (Undergraduate project dissertation as HTML) A Representation and Conversion System for Musical Notation
- Undergraduate project dissertation: errata
- Understanding rejection on WeChat (Weixin)
- Upgrading old Windows to GNU/Linux
- UPnP router command-line control scripts
- URL encoder for mobile chat
- Using Microsoft Windows with low vision
- Volume settings for unpowered speakers
- Web Access Gateway bugs and problems
- Web Access Gateway: Chinese entry page
- Web Access Gateway: GIF Patent Problems and the Language Viewer
- Web Access Gateway home page
- Web Access Gateway: Japanese entry page
- Web Access Gateway: Korean entry page
- Web Access Gateway: Online Help
- Web Adjuster (domain-rewriting Web customiser)
- Web statistics services can be harmful: anatomy of a shady advertising network
- WebCheck: monitor text strings on websites
- Wenlin improvements
- "White noise", silent and other MIDI ringtones
- Why animated flip boxes are not always good
- Windows Mobile 6.1 setup notes
- Windows Mobile email setup
- X11 low-resolution scrollable desktop
- X11: Using large print when in high resolution
- Xu Zhimo's Leaving Cambridge poem NOT about Lin Huiyin (Chinese + English)
- Xu Zhimo's Leaving Cambridge poem: rhyming translation
- Xu Zhimo's Leaving Cambridge poem: rhyming translation (Full-form characters)
- Xu Zhimo's Leaving Cambridge poem: rhyming translation (version with notes in Simplified Chinese)
- Xu Zhimo's Leaving Cambridge poem: rhyming translation (version with notes in Traditional Chinese)
All material © Silas S. Brown unless otherwise stated.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
Baidu is a trademark of Baidu Online Network Technology (Beijing) Co. Ltd.
Debian is a trademark owned by Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
iPhone is a trademark of Apple in some countries.
Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corp.
Netgear is a registered trademark of Netgear Inc and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
OpenID is a registered trademark of the OpenID Foundation.
Python is a trademark of the Python Software Foundation.
Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation.
RISC OS is a trademark of Pace Micro Technology Plc.
Skype is a trademark of Microsoft in the US (but not in Europe because it was too similar to Sky).
Unicode is a registered trademark of Unicode, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
Vectone is a trademark of Vectone Group Holding Plc.
VNC is a registered trademark of RealVNC Limited.
WeChat is a trademark of Tencent Holdings Limited.
Weibo is a trademark of Sina.Com Technology (China) Co. Ltd.
Wenlin is a trademark of Wenlin Institute, Inc. SPC.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corp.
Any other trademarks I mentioned without realising are trademarks of their respective holders.