Silas S. Brown's home page
Welcome. I am a partially-sighted computer scientist at
Cambridge University in the UK.
I come from rural West Dorset on the South-West peninsula of
- Web access aids: stylesheets for low vision, the Web Adjuster framework for smartphones etc, and the old access gateway / language viewer
- Speaking and languages: Gradint software for self-study of foreign
languages, some Wenlin improvements, and lexconvert, a phoneme converter for different speech synthesizers/dictionaries
- Preparing enlarged lesson notes with Unix tools
- Low-vision configuration for X11, RISC OS,
- Research: Academic publications and four-dimensional markup language (4DML)
- Music: Manuscript Writer music program, automatic composition
experiment, and some small compositions and
All material © Silas S. Brown unless otherwise stated.