Silas S. Brown's home pageWelcome. I am a partially-sighted computer scientist at Cambridge University in the UK. I come from rural West Dorset on the South-West peninsula of England.
- Web access aids: stylesheets for low vision, the Web Adjuster framework for smartphones etc, and the old access gateway / language viewer
- Speaking and languages: Gradint software for self-study of foreign languages, some Wenlin improvements, and lexconvert phoneme converter
- Research: Primer Pooler, 4DML and publications
- Unix scripts for Web monitoring, IMAP processing and large-print handouts
- Low-vision configuration for X11, RISC OS, terminal applications, Mac and Windows
- Music: Manuscript Writer notation program, automatic composition experiment, and some small compositions and arrangements
All material © Silas S. Brown unless otherwise stated.